- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), chopped
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in oil for 10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the chicken, chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. With a potato masher, mash one can of beans until smooth. Add to saucepan. Add remaining beans to saucepan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until heated throughly.
- Top each serving with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
ANOTHER RECIPE COMPLIMENTS OF TASTE OF HOME. Yummy Stuff.